Desciption of Axial & Centrifugal Fan Demonstration Appratus:
The Centrifugal Fan Demonstration Unit has been developed for the study of the characteristics of a centrifugal fan. A Pitot tube allows the measurement of the air velocity at any point of the tube, and the measurements can be obtained from the digital display which is provided. Vertical and inclined gauges allow a correct reading of the pressure . The unit is equipped with 2 different types of impellers; (forward and backward blades), which can be easily interchanged. The direction of the rotation can be changed using the 3-position command control. The inverter allows the speed to be varied , while observing the electrical power through the power meter.
Experimental Capabilities of Axial & Centrifugal Fan Demonstration Appratus:
1. Investigating and plotting the following curve characteristics of a centrifugal fan with straight blades.
2. Investigating and plotting the following curve characteristics of a centrifugal fan with curved blades.
3. Studying the effects of varying the centrifugal fan spin speed.
4. Obtaining the differences between the static and dynamic pressure using a Pitot tube.
5. Obtaining the velocity profile of the flow in the suction pipe.
6. Measuring flow using the Pitot tube.